Ronald McDonald House Charities® Global
First Ronald McDonald House (RMH) in Philadelphia, PA is opened
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is officially established in memory of Ray Kroc, McDonald’s Corporate founder and strong advocate for children.
RMHC/Hacer Scholarship is established providing scholarships to Hispanic High School Students in need. (Additional scholarships were added in 2001)
First Ronald McDonald Family Room (RMFR) is created at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, KS.
RMHC Matching Grant program developed for local chapters to provide impactful grants to local non-profits helping children face a need in their community.
First Ronald McDonald Care Mobile (RMCM) launched in Worcester, MA to provide medical, dental and health education services to vulnerable children.
RMHC is represented throughout the world in the following breakdown:
- 357 Ronald McDonald Houses in 42 countries and regions
- 206 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in 23 countries and regions
- 49 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles in 9 countries and regions
Chapters in more than 64 countries and regions with:
- 368 Ronald McDonald Houses
- 250 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 49 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles
- Grants to non-profit organizations focusing on children’s needs
- Chapters around the world creating country-specific programs