We are happy to announce that the Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England is proudly partnering with the John Hancock Non-Profit Boston Marathon Program for 2021! Last year, John Hancock nonprofit runners raised more than $10 million for over 140 different local organizations. $30,000 of this was generated by the incredible members of our 2020 virtual Marathon Team!
To be considered for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please complete the 2021 Marathon Team Application by May 31st. (Please scroll down for the application) Runners will be selected by their ability to effectively raise funds for Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England.
Perks of Running with Team RMHCNE:
Selected runners will have the opportunity to fundraise for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England while training with the Massachusetts General Hospital Team. This provides the additional benefit of training with over 140 teammates!
To ensure a fun and smooth marathon experience, runners will receive the benefits below:
- Personalized online fundraising to track donations and your goal
- Weekly fundraising tips and tools
- Help getting the word out on social media
Leading Up to the Race
- Team meetings to help with fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon-day logistics.
- E-newsletters that cover fundraising, corporate matching-gift opportunities, training, nutrition and more
- Weekend team-training runs with Coach Dan of the Heart Break Hill Running Company (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Team uniform (runner singlet) and T-shirt
COVID-19 Race Day Mitigation
- RegShield- Registration Protection-Must be purchased during the registration process. Entries are non-deferrable and non-transferable and are only refundable if RegShield is purchased through the registration process.
- Field size of 20,000 to allow for social distancing throughout the course
- Participants may be expected to provide two negative COVID-19 tests, regardless of vaccination status, prior to October 11th
- Elimination of Athlete’s Village area in Hopkinton
- Athletes will be assigned specific start times and will participate in rolling start in Hopkinton.
- Please visit www.BAA.org for more information
Dear Boston Marathon Runners…A letter from Darren, a Boston Marathon Runner and former guest at RMH Boston Harbor. He’s pictured above crossing the finish line in 2017. Hear what motivates him and his advice for other runners.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England 2021 Boston Marathon Application
As a valued supporter, we are extending an invitation to you to apply for an official bib on our Ronald McDonald House Boston Marathon team. The minimum commitment per runner is $7,500 or $1,500 for runners who have received entries from the BAA as Boston Qualified runners. Last year the average raised by a charity runner was $10,500.
Only four guaranteed entries will be awarded to non-qualifying runners by the Ronald McDonald House Marathon Team selection committee. Qualified runners are also invited to complete the application. To be considered for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please complete the 2021 Marathon Team Application by May 31st. Runners with competitive applications will be contacted to set up a phone interview to discuss their fundraising goals. Runners will be selected by their ability to effectively raise funds for Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England.
Selected applicants will be required to:
- Set up your GivenGain fundraising page by June 14th 2021
- Pay the entry fee, $395.00 to the Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A. entry fee does not contribute to your fundraising goals) by June 14th, 2021
- Raise the minimum commitment of $7,500 or $1,500 for qualified runners, by October 31, 2021. Your credit card will be charged the difference on October 31, 2021. It is our hope and expectation that you will exceed a fundraising goal of $10,000.
- Run 26.2 miles on October 11, 2021, Marathon Monday!