We are happy to announce that the Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England is proudly partnering with the John Hancock Non-Profit Boston Marathon Program for 2023! Last year, John Hancock nonprofit runners raised more than $35.6 million for over 140 different local organizations. $40,000 of this was generated by the incredible members of our 2022 Marathon Team!
To be considered for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please complete the 2023 Marathon Team Application by October 31st. Application is listed below. Runners will be selected on a rolling basis (so be sure to apply early!) by their ability to effectively raise funds for Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England.
Perks of Running with Team RMHCNE:
Selected runners will have the opportunity to fundraise for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of New England while training with the Massachusetts General Hospital Team. This provides the additional benefit of training with over 140 teammates!
To ensure a fun and smooth marathon experience, runners will receive the benefits below:
- Personalized online fundraising to track donations and your goal
- Weekly fundraising tips and tools
- Help getting the word out on social media
Leading Up to the Race
- Team meetings to help with fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon-day logistics.
- E-newsletters that cover fundraising, corporate matching-gift opportunities, training, nutrition and more
- Weekend team-training runs with Coach Dan of the Heart Break Hill Running Company (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Team uniform (runner singlet)
Selected applicants will be required to:
- Set up your GivenGain fundraising page by November 29th (Giving Tuesday! The Global Day of giving!)
- Pay the entry fee, $370.00 to the Boston Athletic Association (amount set by the B.A.A, this does not contribute to your fundraising goals) by February 1, 2023.
- Raise the minimum commitment of $7,500 or $1,500 for qualified runners, by May 19, 2023. Your credit card will be charged the difference. It is our hope and expectation that you will exceed a fundraising goal of $10,000.
- Run 26.2 miles on April 17th, 2023- Marathon Monday!
2023 Boston Marathon Health Policies:
Entrants may be subject to proof of vaccination and or negative COVID-19 test prior to participating in the April 17, 2023 race.
Dear Boston Marathon Runners…A letter from Darren, a Boston Marathon Runner and former guest at RMH Boston Harbor. He’s pictured above crossing the finish line in 2017. Hear what motivates him and his advice for other runners.